apple mail question

Reaction score
i have a question about apple mail.
everytime i get some emails, i read them from the inbox folder (at the top of the left pannel)
and after the emails are read, theres still a number next to where it says gmail on the bottm of the pannel. that number doesnt go away until it checks for mail a second time. is this normal?
i attached a picture of what it looks like
if its not normal, how could it be fixed?

Screen shot 2010-01-17 at 5.53.59 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
What happens if you read your new mail directly out of the gmail mailbox?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MBP 2.26, 2008 MB Aluminum 2.4
Yea I have the same issue....4 email accounts and all those stupid redundant folders for each gmail account. Pleas someone give us a fix...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Do you need these emails in separate mailboxes? If not, why not change the method of getting the mail. Right now, I think you're having Mail retrieve your gmail as if were POP mail. Right? So why not dump that system and just have gmail forward your incoming mail to one account. Have Mail retrieve that combined email as POP mail, and it will all show up in your inbox, and you won't have the addition gmail mailboxes to deal with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.