Mobileme renews in 3 days: Renew with Apple $99 or buy from Amazon $70?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
So, what's the difference? I'm just a little suspicious that it's $30 cheaper on Amazon. If it was Amazon selling it I would be fine, but it's a third party selling through Amazon. Too good to be true? Anyone have experience buying it from Amazon other sources for <$99 Apple price?

I would like to be able to save my email address also since I use it most. I kind of like being grandfathered into mac.com (I think me.com sounds kind of stupid and almost childish). I imagine I'll lose that if I don't renew. Apple will probably force it away eventually anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I think it is someone selling off his family pack.

Clay

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Nope, they're legitimate unopened retail box MobileMe packages.
As long as you purchase one advertised as new. I'd stick with Amazon or one that is fulfilled by Amazon.
Fixing to grab one of these myself.

See this page to get it from Amazon's stock.
But, you can save the $1 if you want with the other one. The fulfillment is still by Amazon.

Amazon also has the Family pack MobileMe in stock and it's only $104.

Also, there is no difference between the "old" packages and the "new" ones, other than the packaging.
You're still just paying for a one year time frame with either that doesn't start until used.

edit: It is stated that it must be "used" within 9 months of purchase. So, I'd hesitate on purchasing this from any individual or non-Apple authorized reseller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Amazon is an authorized Apple reseller. As long as you buy from Amazon itself as bobtomay says, you should get a legitimate Apple box.

And yes, you definitely should. I've been buying boxed upgrades for years, and the savings is pretty good.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Appreciate your help guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.