How to stop Automator tasks from running

Reaction score
Hi. I recently scheduled Automator to start running and perform a task on my mac daily. Now that I don't want this to happen anymore, I don't know how to stop it. Can anyone please help.

Thanks, Thomas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Have you looked into Sys Prefs/Accounts/Login items or in Applications Folder to see if it is there. What happens if u go back into Automator can u track it from there? Look for 'Open existing workflow' and see where it is saved or there may be a selection to disable. Let the Forum know if u get it sorted, as others will read this.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Did you use an iCal alarm to trigger the Automator workflow? If so try either deleting the event altogether or altering the alarm.

OP
twjewett
Reaction score
Have you looked into Sys Prefs/Accounts/Login items or in Applications Folder to see if it is there. What happens if u go back into Automator can u track it from there? Look for 'Open existing workflow' and see where it is saved or there may be a selection to disable. Let the Forum know if u get it sorted, as others will read this.
I've tried all of these and none have worked. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks, Thomas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26 GHz 4GB RAM 320 GB HD
Thomas,

I had a similar problem recently, a mad workflow was renaming things I didn't want, but didn't show up in my automator's recent items. You should be able to get to it one of two ways.

First, open automator. From the pop up at launch there is a button at the bottom that says Open an existing workflow.... You should see an Open... window. At the bottom is a drop box that says All. Select workflows from the box.

Alternitively, go to Users/your login name/Library/Workflows/Applications/... at this point if it involves Folders it will be in Folder Actions, if it involves documents it should be in the Finder subfolder. I'd just delete it, but I think moving it to somewhere like your documents folder if you want to use it again might work as well. Anyone have an answer? I just deleted mine, no more issues. I'm sure mine was due to shoddy programming in the first place, I blame me. ;)

Hope this helps,
Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.