• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

bill gates arrested

OP
macman88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
haha, that is the first time that i saw them. what was he arrested for.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
macman88 said:
haha, that is the first time that i saw them. what was he arrested for.

I might be remembering this wrong but I think Gates was nabbed for Reckless driving and maybe also a DUI at the same time. If that is not exactly why, it's close. He used to borrow Paul Allens car and go racing around the backroads of Albuquerque NM after work when Microsoft started there in Albuquerque writing software for the Altaire 8800. From what I have read in autobiography books on gates, he got nabbed more than one time.

I

iMe

I know the whole Story...

After school one day, Bill went over to his friend Bob's house. While Bill was there, he immediatly spotted a Mac. After a few seconds, he fell in love with it so much that he left Bob's house and drove to the nearest computer store in his town. He was driving around 80mph in a 60mph zone. He was then pulled over and arrested, and never got his Mac. In jail, he went crazy and blamed the Apple Gods on everthing. "It was the Apple gods who set me up!!! They dont want me to buy a Mac. I will show them some day!!!!" said Bill. So when he got older, he created Microsoft to get back at the Apple Gods but he still continuing to fail...

jk

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
iMe said:
I know the whole Story...

After school one day, Bill went over to his friend Bob's house. While Bill was there, he immediatly spotted a Mac. After a few seconds, he fell in love with it so much that he left Bob's house and drove to the nearest computer store in his town. He was driving around 80mph in a 60mph zone. He was then pulled over and arrested, and never got his Mac. In jail, he went crazy and blamed the Apple Gods on everthing. "It was the Apple gods who set me up!!! They dont want me to buy a Mac. I will show them some day!!!!" said Bill. So when he got older, he created Microsoft to get back at the Apple Gods but he still continuing to fail...

jk

I know your story was a joke, but for real when the first Mac 128 was still being developed, Gates, Allen and I believe Balmer visited Apple and Gates said they would make Excel and a few other apps for the new Mac, and they went back to Microsoft with a couple of Prototypes to develop software for the Mac. So Gates had a Mac before the public did.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.