do u think i messed up my hard drive?

Reaction score
I use windows a lot for gaming and i use bootcamp to install windows on it. I've taken windows off many times a put it back on countless times. My hard drive must be screwed up in some way, but im not sure whats up because i can no longer repair my hard drive when i need to put windows back on. What do u guys think is wrong. i think it's my hard drive.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You haven't provided nearly enough information. For instance exactly what happens when you try to use BootCamp?

My guess, this thread will answer your question.

OP
J
Reaction score
Well when i use bootcamp it tells me that i need to repair the disk usuing disk utility. That shows up when i click ok to partion the disk. So I put the mac OSX disk in and run disk utility and when i click repair there is an error saying there is an invalid file system

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Looks like you are headed for a new hard drive. DiskWarrior may be worth a go but at $100 it is cheaper to put a new hard drive in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.