Problems with iAlertU...

Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently installed "iAlertU" on my macbook pro and everything seems to work great and I really like the program except....well once the alarm is triggered...the alarm begins to sound and then the screen will flash as well...(simulating a car alarm's lights on a car)..and everytime I deactivate the alarm, the screen will go back to my desktop and then all of a sudden turn off for about 3 seconds...and then turn back on...I find that very ANNOYING and it never happened before I installed the application. Does anyone know is the program is what is causing this? is it damaging to the computer because if it is...i'll uninstall the program....can someone please provide some feedback?!

Thanks!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Hello all,

I recently installed "iAlertU" on my macbook pro and everything seems to work great and I really like the program except....well once the alarm is triggered...the alarm begins to sound and then the screen will flash as well...(simulating a car alarm's lights on a car)..and everytime I deactivate the alarm, the screen will go back to my desktop and then all of a sudden turn off for about 3 seconds...and then turn back on...

I find that very ANNOYING and it never happened before I installed the application.

Does anyone know is the program is what is causing this?

Sorry, but this is definitely a "duh" moment!

is it damaging to the computer because if it is...i'll uninstall the program....can someone please provide some feedback?!

Thanks!

I'd suggest not using any app you find annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
I don't think iAlertU is compatible with Snow Leopard yet. When I used it with Leopard it worked great, but not it's all buggy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.