printing issues

Reaction score
Prob with imac 24” printing
i tried to print a sizable document from acrobat on to my hp printer. Though it never came through and so I disconnected it and tried again.
After two attempts with no success, it then didnt even allow me to open up the print options without crashing.
I restarted.
This had no effect.
I then tried opening Photoshop, and this crashed on start up.
After this happened I got even more concerned and thought I would go onto system prefs. to the print and fax, though it crashes when I click on this.

Essentially anytime I attempt to print on any program it crashes.

I have tried as other forums suggest, deleting the print driver, with no success. can Anyone help????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
What do you mean deleting the printer driver with no success?
Do you mean you deleted it and the problem wasn't resolved, or you couldn't find it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If you have removed the driver, how do you know that the problem was not resolved without having the driver?
Are the Applications crashing without even trying to print, but just from opening them?
It sounds like more of an issue than just printer drivers.
What OS X version are you running & your machine specs?
Was everything running smoothly and then it all went pear shaped, and if so, were there any changes that you made to your system at the time.
Have you run disk utility permissions repair, to see if anything comes up. or done any other troubleshooting?
Sorry for all the questions, but really need to get all the specifics before we can find a solution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh, and I forgot to add, have you performed a hardware test from your install disc?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.