Macbook Pro 13" 2009 audio in/out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.26 GHz 320GB 4GB Ram, iMac 2006, 250GB 2GB RAM & 3G iPhone
Hi

A little while ago I posted something about the audio in and out on the 13" MBP on the notebook forum, I didn't get much response, then I realized I probably should have posted it where people are specifically talking about audio recording and the like, I've copied what I wrote before below, if anyone has an idea, let me know, thanks.

I just bought a brand spanking new Macbook Pro 13inch! It's great, time to totally ditch PCs now!!!

One question I have, my MBP only has an output and no line in, now I know I can set that output to work as an input in the system prefs, but my question is this: can I get an adapter that allows line out and in at the same time similar to the way it works when I plug my iphone headphones in? It detects my headphones with a mic and automatically plays the sound out and receives sound in from the mic on the headphones. So is there such an adapter? I will be using a proper interface for really professional recordings, so it's not an issue in that respect, but there are times when it would be really useful to have the option to record and monitor the input just relying on the core audio and not using an interface.

Thanks for reading, any suggestions are welcome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
The only option is to get is an external Firewire/USB audio interfaces that you can use to monitor both inputs and outputs to/from your Mac.
It's all up to how much you want to spend and the type of analog/digital sound quality you are wanting in an interface for your music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macBook, 2.4 ghz, 2Gb RAM,250Gb,
I bought an M-Audio Transit off Ebay. Dead cheap, fairly simple to use and good enough for my little home studio set-up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I've got an M-Audio Audiophile Firewire. It's cheap, low latency, works great with Traktor DJ and to MIDI my drum machines into Logic.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.26 GHz 320GB 4GB Ram, iMac 2006, 250GB 2GB RAM & 3G iPhone
When it comes to a sound card I use my Photon X25, which is a usb midi keyboard, but it also has a decent sound card in it. I was thinking of an option for the quick things I want to do. I'll have a look at the devices you guys have mentioned about. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macBook, 2.4 ghz, 2Gb RAM,250Gb,
I've also got a Bluetooth stereo headset. I wonder whether that would work for monitoring while I'm recording into the audio line in. Anyone know?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.