CD Burning for OS X

O

OSXMacMiniJacob

I can't find any easy burning software(thats free) like for PC's i used Microsoft Media Player or I could just pop what I wanted onto the CD and it would burn. But on Mac's it's very difficult- is there any easy software or something to make burning a sinch? Also I'm not sure because I've been using Discblaze and I'm not understanding the different formats of burning like: Mac, PC,Mac & PC hybrid, ISO 9960, Audio CD, MP3 CD,disc image. Why can't i just burn like a power point onto it, that just happened to have a little music on it.
Anyway if you could share your favorite CD burning software with us that would be excellent!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
err...burn in the finder.

stick disc in. name it.drag stuff to it. burn it.

woot

OP
O

OSXMacMiniJacob

lol that was easy
Heh btw iTunes sucks at burning it like just doesn't burn at all....

oh also is it possible to burn a movie onto a CD-RW meaning like if i wanted to take a 500MB movie and put it on a CD would it be possible to view it on another computer- zipping?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
iTunes burning is great, so I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. Could you explain further?

Yes, just like any other file, drag the .mov(or what other recognized format it is) onto the disc as before, and burn it.

OP
O

OSXMacMiniJacob

i'm not sure like sometimes my CD-RW's are reconised as CD R's so....i'm not so sure...
k i try to burn it and it says "This is not a blank CD." .... hummmm

OP
B

boo50

yeas, Toast is great. even it still no Intel version(more and more of us have new intel macs), PPC works without problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
unplugged said:
what's some good software to burn ISO images...?

The disk utility that comes with OS X can burn disk images. Open the disk utility, drag the image onto the drives list and it will mount. Click the 'burn' button. Done!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
boo50 said:
yeas, Toast is great. even it still no Intel version(more and more of us have new intel macs), PPC works without problems.

Does Toast work at all with the Intel versions? If so (besides probably being slow) what issues have come up? I would like to get Toast but i don't want to waste $100 bucks. I can always wait until the Intel (or universal) version comes out.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
alucard said:
Does Toast work at all with the Intel versions? If so (besides probably being slow) what issues have come up? I would like to get Toast but i don't want to waste $100 bucks. I can always wait until the Intel (or universal) version comes out.

I am using Toast 7 on my Intel Mini Core Duo. It works fine. It seems only slugish sometimes when changing menus but burns just fine. The Intel version will soon be out and I am told you just download a patch for your existing version. So if you need it, go ahead and get it. It's the best burning Application for the Mac I have ever used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
dtravis7 said:
I am using Toast 7 on my Intel Mini Core Duo. It works fine. It seems only slugish sometimes when changing menus but burns just fine. The Intel version will soon be out and I am told you just download a patch for your existing version. So if you need it, go ahead and get it. It's the best burning Application for the Mac I have ever used.

Great. Thanks for the help. I am going to get it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.