If iPhone goes to Verizon in 2010, AT&T still sell 2010 iPhone?

Reaction score
Ok Mods, If this isn't in the right section could you please move it?

Anyway, I've been looking everywhere for this answer. If the iPhone were to end its exclusitivity with at&t, would at&t customers (myself included) be able to purchase the 2010 iPhone set to come out in June or April or whatever? Or will Verizon be the ONLY carrier to sell the iPhone meaning us AT&T customers cannot get the new iPhone?

I am hoping that either the phone stays with AT&T or both carriers sell the iPhone in 2010.

I'm sure this question has been posted many times but I couldn't find it anywhere! Sorry in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
In my opinion it wouldn't make alot of since for apple to stop making the GSM version of the Iphone just to start making a CDMA one. The reason to open up the Iphone to verizon would be to increase market share not to exclude the people who have made it such a success . If anything they would start to produce both types.

Just my thoughts on it
Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The odds of the iPhone going to Verizon (or any other carrier) in 2010 are pretty slim. You may see Apple expand when they go to 4G and assuming they go with the new hybrid transceivers that are under development, allowing the phone to do both GSM and CDMA (presumably the carrier would set it's phones to one or the other as the customers buy them).

Then again, I could be wrong. It's really anyone's guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
If another carrier were to get the iPhone I think it would be on multiple US carriers just like overseas.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If another carrier were to get the iPhone I think it would be on multiple US carriers just like overseas.

Agreed. The logical second carrier, without having to produce a separate unit, would be T-Mobile. The question is would they be willing to abide by Apples draconian control policies.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Okay thank you everyone so much for the replies! I wasn't about to risk not being able to use the 2010 iPhone! Haha :)

Reaction score
I'd love for Sprint to nab the iPhone because the only way I'll leave Sprint is if I have to.. Nobody can compete with their plans right now.. But I digress, because I love my Blackberry Tour...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
A recent rumor has been that Apple and Qualcomm struck a deal for a CDMA only iPhone for the Verizon network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A recent rumor has been that Apple and Qualcomm struck a deal for a CDMA only iPhone for the Verizon network.

That's not a "recent" rumor. It's been floating around since Apple went exclusively with AT&T.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Rumors are just that, rumors. I'll believe it when I see it on the 27th, until then it's just more background noise.

Not sure where the person who wrote that article gets their info, but AT&Ts network SUCKED even before the iPhone. I had a work phone with AT&T and hated it because of the many connectivity issues. So yeah, I had heard lots about AT&Ts problems before I ever bought an iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
At this point, it's looking like this is much more than just a rumor now. Quite frankly, I'll be surprised if we DON'T get a Verizon iPhone announcement on Wednesday. Apple to Debut iPhone 4G for Verizon Next Week | CoolTechZone.com

As a Verizon customer who has been lusting after an iPhone for some time now, this is going to be the best thing since sliced bread!

At this point, it's STILL just a rumor. This kind of stuff happens every time Apple plans a "Special Announcement". Again, I'l believe it when I see it. Not that I wouldn't like to see it happen but this happens way to often and the odds are that lots of folks could be disappointed when the "big" news isn't that big. My point? don't get your hopes up too high, Apple has a history of disappointing people with things like this and the special announcement could just be the expected update to the MacPro line and nothing else.

Frankly though, I hope I'm wrong...

Reaction score
If it does happen, would it be possible to buy the unlocked version and use it on Sprints network?

Reaction score
I love rumors! Facts can be so misleading, where rumors, true or false, are often revealing. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it does happen, would it be possible to buy the unlocked version and use it on Sprints network?

Sure. In fact you can buy the current version and run it on Sprint. Didn't you know that?
image114.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Who knows what will happen. IMHO, any option in addition to AT&T will be better than none at all. If another carrier doesn't pick up the iPhone by the time my contract ends in November, I'm defecting to something else with a calendar, mail client , browser and Google Voice. That leaves things pretty well open.

Reaction score
Sure. In fact you can buy the current version and run it on Sprint. Didn't you know that?
image114.gif

I'm not sure how to decipher this post because I don't know if you're trying to be a smart a... err, sarcastic or if you're actually telling the truth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The little Emoticon at the end of the sentence should explain that...

Reaction score
I really hope the iphone goes to Verizon. My contract is up this summer and if they go to Verizon I'll stay and get an iphone. If they stay with AT&T I'll grudgingly change carriers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.