Magic Mouse Battery Cover

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro (2009)
Does this look right ?

_MG_7442.jpg

Ive just opened my brand new Magic Mouse and the battery cover doesn't seem to be closing correctly .... well ive not even opened it lol

OP
Jbob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro (2009)
Just found this picture where its clearly flush with the mouse

500x_mouse2_03.jpg

Ill have to take it back tomorrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Mine is flush as well and it has been opened a number of times - yes i think i would be getting Apple to sort it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" Late 2013 - 3.5GHz Core i7 - 32GB RAM - GTX 780< 4GB GPU
To answer the OP's question, as others have said, no that isn't right, it s/b flush. But I'm not sure he needs to take it back. He probably just needs to open/remove the cover and reseat it.

I love the Magic Mouse but quite frankly the battery cover leaves something to be desired. I purchased a Magic Mouse the day after they came out and have replaced the batteries a couple of times. Each time it's been a bit of a struggle to get the battery compartment cover open initially and then to re-seat it flush w/the rest of the case properly. Apple engineering is usually top-notch, but this time they missed the target. Once it's seated it's fine, but it does not easily open or close.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I would take it back. I saw some early reports/tests where the mouse was stuck so hard to the tape at the bottom of that case it comes in, that prying it off bent the battery cover! Maybe that is what happened.

Have you tried to take it off and reseat it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.