dvd burning question..

Reaction score
Hi everyone..I have movie file thats an iso image file. I would like to burn this iso on to dvd so i can watch the movie. on windows, i used to do this using nero or image burn software.

how do i go about doing it on my imac, please?

do i need extra software or can the mac burn the iso file natively so it can play on a dvd player?

cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No you need to unpack the .iso, so that you get a Video TS folder, which you can then burn to disc.
Double clicking the iso should unpack it, and then you can use free software like Burn to create the DVD, or get Toast, which is better still, but not free.

Burn - Home

Reaction score
u can just burn the iso in Toast.
2.gif

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Use Disk Utility (which is already included with your Mac) to burn the ISO file to a DVD. If it's a movie (in ISO format) it will have to be burned first before you can watch it. The burn process should yield a video file and an audio file.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.