Word 2008 quits

Reaction score
When I work with a word document (2008, all updates made, OSX 10.6.2) that was originally written on a Windows system I cannot safe the document because it always crashes. The same thing happens sometimes while writing. Documents written on my mac only behave "normally". I have tried to save the documents in RTF and after opening them document to save them again as .doc or .docx, or to uncheck "quick safe". Nothing helps. Grateful for help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Congratulations! First post here, and you provided software version and OS. I'm serious, really: Congratulations!!!

Now, when one of these files causes Word to "crash", what do you see? Is there an error message? If so, what is it? (I'm betting there isn't, because of your thorough attention to detail, but just in case...)

Are these files .doc or .docx to begin with?

Does the same crashing behavior occur if you use SaveAs?

OP
B
Reaction score
Word crash

Hello, thank you for your complications.
1. The crash happens also, when I use "save as" and with .doc and .docx.
2. After the crash I get a very long log that I cannot send I think.
I don't know what part of the log would tell us what is wrong, what I see there after each crash, is that begins with the italian grammar. I myself write in German and my Word version 2008 is english.

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi again, I have trashed the italian proofing tools and there was no crash anymore.... Now I have to try if Word stays stable for ever ;D
(I doubt it, Word gives you a lot of headaches :( )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Buono.

Ich hoffe es funktioniert!

P.S. If you want to correct, or add to your own post, hit the Edit button. You might not want to do that if there are several new posts in the interim and you want your addition/correction to be seen by more people.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.