Program taking over computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
Hi,
Mozy online backup runs on startup even though I disabled it to run on startup through System Preferences>>Users.

Also, I made the horrid mistake of installing Limewire, and now it refuses t uninstall by dragging to trash. How do I manually uninstall it? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
The only time I've had trouble "uninstalling" was when the app thought I didn't have adequate permission authority to delete it. I logged off my individual user name account, logged in as "Administrator," and was able to trash the files. Incidentally, you should be using the free AppCleaner to get rid of apps. It's tidier, and with a naughty app like Limewire, I'd want to be "tidy."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Reaction score
Hi,
Mozy online backup runs on startup even though I disabled it to run on startup through System Preferences>>Users.

Also, I made the horrid mistake of installing Limewire, and now it refuses t uninstall by dragging to trash. How do I manually uninstall it? Thanks!
Hi there,

Drag the main icon to the trash and also go to your Library > receipts and delete the file there.

You also may need to delete a preferences file.

Hope this helps.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
Thanks! I got AppCleaner, and it worked like a beaut.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.