Mouse Pointer Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13" 2.67GHz 2GB RAM
Recently when using my computer the mouse pointer has started jumping to the dialog menu that opens (for example, if I were to click shut down, the pointer would jump from wherever it was on the screen to that menu).

It seems that this just happened out of the blue. Is there a way to disable this?

--

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Had you recently installed any third party apps around the time that this started happening or drivers such as sidetrack?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13" 2.67GHz 2GB RAM
The problem began after I recently ran Onyx for the first time in a long time (clearing my caches, etc.).

Other than that, it is the same programs I've been running for ages (adium, Firefox, Finale, Mail, and iTunes mostly) with little or no change.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
In that case, I would run permissions repair in disk utilities, as well as a hardware test from your installation discs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Wait, if you click on a Menu item, then you moved your cursor up there. So it's already there. Now, please explain when it jumps to the same Menu item.

In OS 9, I had an add-on that would jump back up to the Menu heading after I clicked on something in the pull-down. Is that what's happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
com.apple.finder.plist

corrupt preferences?

To fix, if that's the problem...
The above file (for me in 10.5.8) is in Users/MyUserName/Library/Preferences
Move the file to your desktop
Restart. This creates a new plist file in place of the other one. New one has default settings.
Try it out
Fixed? Then you can delete the file on your Desktop.
Not fixed? You can put it back if you want. This will restore your custom settings, and overwrite the newer plist file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.