The sorry state of my headphones

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
20100116-brhdqxjp8pai3hhm97y112nerh.jpg

I've had these for almost 3 years now. As you can see they are falling apart right before my eyes. They still work, it just feel uncomfortable with plastic rubbing against the inside of my ear. Plus they kind of fall out pretty often. >_<

Does anyone have an recommendations on some headphones that I should be looking at. I listen to music a lot, while I'm sleeping even. >_>"

I tried looking at some reviews on headphones but not sure where I should start.

I usually go to cnet to look up on reviews on products and I really do enjoy the fact that they have little mini video reviews that you can watch.

Here is one that I like and kind of want. They seem kind of expensive, and I guess my budget is less than 300 dollars USD.

Reaction score
Radio Shack sells the foam covers that used to come with the iPod earphones. Actually, the RS covers are better than the Apple covers - they are a bit thicker. Invest a couple of dollars - maybe you can keep your earphones for a while longer.

Radio Shack part number 33-376.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Those Dr Dre are overpriced because of the name, though they are good.
If you want headphones that bring out every nuance of your music, then I would recommend headphones like these, which are studio monitor style, and have an incredibly flat response.

I have these, and they are incredibly comfortable too (I use them for my E Drums as well)

Audio-Technica | ATH-M50 Professional Closed-Back | ATH-M50

Others I can recommend without hesitation are:

Amazon.com: Sony MDR-7509 Professional Studio Monitor Stereo Headphone MDR-7509: Electronics

and

Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms: Electronics

OP
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Radio Shack sells the foam covers that used to come with the iPod earphones. Actually, the RS covers are better than the Apple covers - they are a bit thicker. Invest a couple of dollars - maybe you can keep your earphones for a while longer.

Radio Shack part number 33-376.

Wow thanks mbohn didn't know that they had replacement parts for the headphones. While this is probably the cheaper way of doing things, I kind of want an upgrade. >_<"

Thanks for your suggestion. The packaging looks very neat. Although not sure if I can find these somewhere to test them out?

Those Dr Dre are overpriced because of the name, though they are good.
If you want headphones that bring out every nuance of your music, then I would recommend headphones like these, which are studio monitor style, and have an incredibly flat response.

I have these, and they are incredibly comfortable too (I use them for my E Drums as well)

Audio-Technica | ATH-M50 Professional Closed-Back | ATH-M50

Others I can recommend without hesitation are:

Amazon.com: Sony MDR-7509 Professional Studio Monitor Stereo Headphone MDR-7509: Electronics

and

Amazon.com: Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms: Electronics

Kev thanks very much for your suggestions. I'm going to go to bestbuy and some music stores to see if I can actually find them to try them out. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Yes, music stores will be your best bet I reckon, and if you can find one that has an Electronic Drum section, you are more likely to be in luck. Don't let them sell you the Roland ones, they suck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.