Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo Compatible with Imac 27inch?

Reaction score
Well the title says it all. I have some photos that I want to put in my imac. Can I just put the memory stick on the SD card reader or do I have to get something else

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It should work. When you insert the memory stick, iPhoto should automatically open and ask if you wish to save the photos.

You don't need another program unless you want something a bit more sophisticated than iPhoto. The latest version of Picasa for the Mac from Google is better than iPhoto (my opinion). It's free if you would like to give it a try. LINK

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
??? But I thought the 27' iMac had an SD card reader - not a universal reader?? Are you sure this will work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Depends... Older Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo styles (4 or 5 yrs ago) were long and thin shaped.
The modern ones are normal shaped like any other SD card. I've had both and very glad Sony changed to the standard SD card.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
MYmacROX is correct. Also, you can buy an adapter for the older type. I have one that I use that way.

Regards.

Reaction score
Well, my iMac is 21.5 inch, but I guess the question would be the same. I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-W150 camera. The Memory Stick Pro Duo card doesn't seem to fit into the iMac card reader. I've spent too much time trying to find an appropriate adapter, with no success. Is an universal USB card reader the only one solution? Really? If so, I'd be quite disappointed and even consider buying a new camera... Thanks in advance for any inputs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Well, my iMac is 21.5 inch, but I guess the question would be the same. I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-W150 camera. The Memory Stick Pro Duo card doesn't seem to fit into the iMac card reader. I've spent too much time trying to find an appropriate adapter, with no success. Is an universal USB card reader the only one solution? Really? If so, I'd be quite disappointed and even consider buying a new camera... Thanks in advance for any inputs

I don't know about adapters for the MS Pro Duos but I would just get an external USB memory card reader. For example, here's a list of ones from Newegg. Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Computer Accessories,Card Readers,External
Just look at the descriptions to find one that supports your card type. They're very affordable - typically under $10 USD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.