Terminal help

Reaction score
i recently got my mac book pro back from repairs( i over heated the PMU long story) anyway they did a clean install of snowleopard and now i cant activate any of the teriminal comands like the shading on the stack grids (code follows)

defaults write com.apple.dock mouse-over-hilte-stack -boolean NO
killall Dock

or bringing the dashboard icons to ur desktop (code follows)

defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES

anyway i put both those command lines into terminal and nothing works what should i do

i apologize in advance if this is in the wronge thread if so can an admin plz move it to where it needs to go

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
defaults write com.apple.dock mouse-over-hilte-stack -boolean NO
killall Dock
That should be (I noted the difference in red):
Code:
defaults write com.apple.dock mouse-over-hil[COLOR="Red"]i[/COLOR]te-stack -boolean YES
See here.

Can't help you with the other one.

OP
C
Reaction score
That should be (I noted the difference in red):
Code:
defaults write com.apple.dock mouse-over-hil[COLOR="Red"]i[/COLOR]te-stack -boolean YES
See here.

Can't help you with the other one.

i tried the way in the vid and they way u recomended and neither worked but thank you anyway

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I have Snow Leopard and it worked for me. I executed the command above and killed the Dock. After doing so, I had a gradient highlight behind my stack items (like in the vid). Did you copy it right from my post? Did you remember to kill the Dock afterwards?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.