Safari Proxy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
There is an option in the System Preferences>Network box that says something like, Automatically Configure Proxy. How does one exactly use a proxy on Safari?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you accessing the internet through a proxy? Or are you just being curious as to what it is?

Don't really know what you're after but read this for more information.

Regards.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I wish to access the internet through a proxy, and was wondering if Safari had an easy way of doing it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Safari, Firefox, IE, any browser, doesn't matter. When you have a proxy that you must go through before getting on the net, it's a matter of getting through the proxy firewall software. Did you read from the link I gave you?

Corporations and businesses setup a proxy primarily to block unofficial access to the internet or to monitor surfing activity. When you purposely go around a proxy that has been setup by your company, you risk joining the ranks of unemployed.

As far as setting up access through a proxy server or firewall, you have to do that from System Preferences, Network, Advanced, Proxies Tab, and select the correct protocol for the proxy you wish to configure.

Regards.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I think I was not clear and should rephrase. I do not have to get around a proxy. Rather, I want to actually create a proxy connection for myself. I guess that is what I am wondering how to do in Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.