Need help with FTP connection problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo OS X 10.4.1
I am using CuteFTP to connect to a server at startlogic.com. The client connects to the server but the connection times out while the folder list is being constructed. The log of the connection looked ok with one exception -- a line that read "ENABLE MACB" and the following line "MACB not understood.

The support group at startlogic report that they have no difficulty and send me a log which proves it.

I also tried to connect with ClassicFTP as a client. Classic did not get to the server and asked me to be sure the server name was correct and that the firewall was not turned on.

Any help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.66ghz + many, many more :^)
I would first check to see if FTP "Passive Mode" is on (a.k.a PASV). If it's not, that may be your problem. If that doesn't work I'd try using Transmit (my favorite FTP client) or Cyberduck (a solid freeware FTP client for Mac). Hopefully that helps.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac Intel Duo OS X 10.4.1
Thank you. The error is still on the log but the connection worked. I appreciate the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.