MobileMe iWeb Favicon Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
My personal website is hosted at MobileMe. I use iWeb to make my pages, but I'm competent (Ha!) to use an HTML editor for simple coding.

My question: How can I get a favicon to show up for my website?

I have made the favicon.ico file. I have it in the root directory on my site. I was told by MobileMe online chat that I need some HTML in my Index.html file. I was given sample code, and I added it to my index file. Still no favicon. What can I do?

Do any of you who are using MobileMe and iWeb have a favicon? How did you do it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
OP
VegasGeorge
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Sorry True Bassist, I can't get that to work.

This is my website: http://web.me.com/vegasgeorge/VegasGeorge/Blog/Blog.html

I have a domain forwarding to it from VegasGeorge.com.

Here is the way my website looks on the MobileMe server (my iDisk)

Notice that I have placed the favicon.ico file in three locations, trying to get to the "root." But the actual root of my website is "web.me.com" which I do not control. Also notice that I have two index.html files on my site. I placed the favicon file under each of those sections.

I'm at a loss as how to proceed.

Screen shot 2010-01-15 at 5.20.37 PM.png

OP
VegasGeorge
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
OK - I give up!

I found the answer at Add favicons to an iWeb published website

The problem is that it's more trouble than it's worth. I just don't need a favicon that bad. But I posted the link to the solution just in case someone else wants to do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.