Do You Own a PDA?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Do you own a PDA? How well does it integrate with your Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I have one of the B&W palms but i never use it now that ipod does everything i need plus the battery doesnt hold a charge any more

B

badmojo

A old Handspring Visor Deluxe, but it still works. Since I only use a PDA to store contacts, I won't upgrade ubless it's absolutely necessary. I'll find out on Monday (5-16) how well it integrates into my new iMac G5, and report back.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I have a Palm m515. I use to use it a lot for playing games and stuff. I still like it, but I don't have many uses for it now. But when I did use it with my mac, I had no problems getting it to work. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I have a Toshiba e755 with Windows Mobile 2003. I still don't have software tosync it with my iBook, but i'm not using it too much since i got my laptop. Also, with a 512mb SD card it is a great MP3 player.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
HP iPAQ 2215

My usage of it was really cut in half when I got a powerbook. Plus, HP didn't offer an upgrade to the newest version of Windows Mobile for it, so that got me kinda pissed at it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Palm Tungsten C - Works great with my iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i had a Compaq iPaq 3670 for a while. it was used when i got it and it was dead when i gave it back to the job. it was cool, but i can not see myself getting one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
got a sony clie but as they battery life is total pants i dont use it, plus a 12" PB is small enough to fit into my backpack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I have a Palm Tungsten E, the sync issues of which I've posted about here previously.

To be honest, since I carry my 12" iBook with me I don't use the Palm as much as I used to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I have a HP hx4700 and use PocketMac Pro and it works like a charm.

The only annoyances I have run into are the programs that need to be installed via an .exe file (Windows). I try to avoid these at all costs, but if I need to I just switch to my PC, install it and everything is fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I have a positively antique Palm IIIe that I never found that practical for everyday use, but I have a text adventure game on there that's a lot of fun to play.

K

Kokopelli

Sharp Zaurus. It does not sync in Tiger. I wrote a primitive patch so I could keep the address book in sync but the rest is separate.

Syncing in Panther is reasonably good with zmacsync though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (1G)/ 1.42 GHz PPC / 512MB Crucial RAM / 80 GB HDD / 160GB LaCie mini
I have a monochrome 16MB Casio PocketViewer (PV-S1600). Can't find a way to sync with my mini lol, but there's not REAL reason to lol. iCal integration would be nice, though lol :p It's abandonware for the most part, anyway, but it does what it promises :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
T

TonyJ

Blackberry. PocketMac worked great until I had to reinstall OS X due to a drive crash. Don't select Case Sensitive FS if you want PocketMac to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
I've had several PDA's through the years. My first one was a Sharp Wizard....they were about the size of a 12" PowerBook....ok....a little bit smaller....and were 512k memory...Man that was more than the desktop I had in highschool had...WOW!

Anyway..I poured coffee into it one day and took it back to Circuit City and since they didn't carry it anymore, and I had bought accident protection, they gave me store credit for the original price....

Anyway. A few years later I tried another Sharp PDA that had a built in phone-modem. It was about the same size as some of the larger PDA's these days and I could check my e-mail at a lot of different locations. But, frankly I didn't use it all that much so I eventually sold it on Ebay for about what I paid for it.

Next I bought a iPac that was pretty much cutting edge for it's time but again, after a few months I just realized that it was too freekin big and I really didn't need it.

My last one was a Palm Tungsten E. It was small and had pretty good functions but I just can't get into using them.

I think for me it comes down to the fact that I really operate pretty well without a datebook. I find that an address book works just fine for me for phone numbers....that and my mobile phone keeps all that information for me anyway....and the wireless features like web-surfing and other little extras cost too much, in my area anyway, for me to pay for them.

So I'm back with what I've always gone back to between PDA attempts.... I have a little black "Molskine" notebook with an elastic band that holds it closed that I use for everything. I use it for a few months then buy another one.

Paper and pen....does everything I need for $10 a pop a couple of times a year.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.