Having trouble figuring out the basics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Power PC G4 10.5.8
I have a 20-inch 1.25 GHZ iMac powerpc g4 and I am trying to find the discs to buy to re-install the OS. I have no idea where to look to find out what I need. Do I need to find a disc that isn't intel based because I don't know if my iMac is intel based or not. I'm terribly confused by it all and in desperate need of help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
1. Your Mac is what is known as a Power PC, PPC, and not an Intel machine.

2. The latest operating system you can run on it is Leopard OS X.5.8.

3. Look for full retail install Leopard DVD's on auction sites such as eBay etc., or you might try your local Apple store. You can expect to pay a little over $100.00.

Do not buy upgrade, update or drop in discs as these are all very much model specific.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
You have a powerpc processor so you can run leopard. You will need a full retail version. If you search around, you can find leopard for pretty cheap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
1. Your Mac is what is known as a Power PC, PPC, and not an Intel machine.

2. The latest operating system you can run on it is Leopard OS X.5.8.

3. Look for full retail install Leopard DVD's on auction sites such as eBay etc., or you might try your local Apple store. You can expect to pay a little over $100.00.

Do not buy upgrade, update or drop in discs as these are all very much model specific.

Probably not at the brick and mortar store... Call Apple - see other thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.