Apple store or futureshop (canada)

Reaction score
i wanna buy a macbook but i dont know whether to get it from the apple store or futureshop.
they are both exactly the same price however the differnce is the warranty. Apple has applecare and futureshop have their own warranty.
Futureshop's warranty covers power surges which apple's doesn't.
So i'm trying to decide where to get it from, What do you think?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the prices are the same, then the only deciding factor becomes the warranty. As you probably know, Apple Care does not cover things like accidental spills, accidents with the machine, and so forth.

If Futureshop there in Canada has a better (more extensive and generous) warranty for the same cost as Apple Care, then go for it. But before you do, request a written copy of their warranty terms and read it carefully.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
I think you will find Future shop to be more expensive, their warranty starts the day you buy the machine so you actually end up with two warranties for the first year one is free one you pay for.

Good luck with whatever you choose

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.