Finally, a Mac. Shortcuts?

B

badmojo

My new iMac G5 is arriving on Monday, and I've been a Wintel user forever. Does anyone have a link or a document that illustrates some quick keyboard controls for the Apple O/S? It seems that a lot of veteran Apple users perform functions using keyboard shorcuts. I will be getting a 2-button mouse, as this is a behavior I cannot give up. Will that suffice?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Most of the sortcuts are the same as on Windows, except that CTRL is replaced by the Command (or Apple) key. Command-S saves a document, Command-C copies to the clipboard, etc. Only the F-key shortcuts don't usually exist.

Shortcuts are listed in the menus next to the commands they execute, just like any other OS. Look through the menus and you'll pick up most of what you need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
MANY keyboard shortcuts are already listed in the OS. Just go to System Preferences>Keyboad & Mouse>Keyboard Shortcuts.

-Chris

shortcuts.jpg

Reaction score
Macworld recently reviewed a program that lists all the keyboard shortcuts at the touch of a button. Check out their site for more details (www.macworld.com).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.