Sharing a printer w/ Time Capsule

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Mavericks OS 2.66/4GB/250GB
This might've been answered elsewhere before; if that's the case, I apologize.

Love the Mac─been using it for 20+ years. Currently have three in the house for two people.

Have a relatively new iMac (Snow Leopard 10.6.2) w/ Time Capsule and a cable modem from Comcast. I just found out yesterday (Yeah, yeah. I'm slow.) that I can plug my printer (Canon Pixma 3500) into the time capsule for sending print jobs from my MacBook (Snow Leopard 10.6.2) in another room.

Made the connection, pressed the right buttons on the MacBook─worked like a charm.

HOWEVER, when I tried to print w/ the iMac (w/ the same connection), I was told that the printer was offline.

So, here's the question: Is there a way to set up the printer and/or laptops so that all computers can print without having to move the USB cable back and forth?

Thanks much for any assistance.

JKL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.4/4GB/250GB; iPhone 3GS
Delete the printer from your iMac's list and reconfigure it. Your computer is still seeing it as a local printer, not a network printer.

OP
kluck
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Mavericks OS 2.66/4GB/250GB
Thanks much for the info, rzj. Did just what you said it would.

Enjoy your blog, btw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.4/4GB/250GB; iPhone 3GS
No problem. Glad I can help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.