Synergy Classic Review

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Synergy Classic is a little convenient cocoa app, which easily works in conjunction with iTunes. Synergy Classic situates itself in the menu bar, which makes it a very non-intrusive way to control iTunes while not disturbing your present workflow.

Controls

Synergy Classic works very naturally with iTunes. Synergy Classic can be controlled by both keyboard and mouse. The app places three buttons in the menu bar: previous, play/pause, and next. Hold-click on the play/pause button brings up a Global Menu to allow the ability of navigating through playlists without even launching iTunes. Synergy Classic's menu bar buttons are also skinable to blend within the confines of your current desktop scheme. Synergy Classic adds keyboard shortcut functionality called hot keys that go beyond the controls of that in the menu bar. The hot key keyboard shortcut combinations can be completely configured and customized to your particular desire. Also, usage of the hot keys provides a handy semi-transparent feedback window.

The Floater

The floater is a visual notification of a current song. The floaters' most noticeable feature is the ability to display album art, which Synergy Classic conveniently and automatically downloads from Amazon with surprisingly good accuracy. As the songs alternate, the floater fades in and out very smoothly without disruption. The floater is very customizable according your liking. These customizable specifics of the floater include: choosing what contents of the track to display in the floater, set the floater position on the desktop, duration of how long the floater appears, transparency and size.

Other

Synergy Classic also supports Growl. Growl is very similar in respect to the floater. If so happens that you do prefer Growl over the the floater, you can choose to turn off the floater.

Oh, I almost forgot. I'd like to give thanks to Wincent Colaiuta and/or others for donating Synergy Classic to our raffle.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
Synergy is good but i prefer spark to control Itunes...

OP
iWhat

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
solidstalin said:
Synergy is good but i prefer spark to control Itunes...

Why don't you review it for us then? :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.