Msn -> Jabber -> iChat ?

Reaction score
Ok, i here people are getting on the new iChat 3 with msn through jabber portals. I was just wondering how this works? Can you just sign into iChat with your @msn.com email and it will work or do you have to register with a jabber portal. So bascially, how do you use your @msn.com email with iChat?

Thanks for all replies.

L

Lucky8

I tried it. Did not work! Don't even waste your time.
Try Adium, heard it works.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
i have adium alreay and its good, but i want to check out iChat. And iWhat, i dont understand how to do anything with the jabber thing? Too confusing... What is jabber even?!?! Can you help me out here? Thanks.!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Oh, sorry schaun89, I overlooked your reply. I haven't used Jabber myself, oopsy. Jabber's website does; however, answer some of your questions in the FAQ section. You'll also need to register an account with Jabber before continuing on trying to use it, because iChat doesn't give you the chance to register with Jabber. :(

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
crap.... now when i use msn for mac, i need to verify my email but you have to get the mail in your inbox to actually verify.. how do i check my inbox on my email,

[email protected]

It logs in on MSN 7 on my PC, and just has the "unverified emai" in racket beside my nick name, where in MSN for mac it wont log in and says i have to verify.

so... how do i check (or can i) my mail in jabber ?

Edit: It's not that important...... i just would like it to stop doing this once might start using iChat in 10.4 (when it arrives)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.