Pre-Programmed Volume

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just wanted to know if there is a way to set the default volume to level ZERO every time the computer boots up? an example to clarify this would be:

I was listening to music on the computers through the computer speakers and right when i go to shut down the computer, i turn the volume ALL the way down so that when I put up again it will not make the boot up sound (in case i'm in class or whatever). It stays that way but if I plug in a set of headphones and I put them on, (i'm assuming the volume is all the way down as i last left it) but when I turn on itunes and press PLAY, the volume is HALF way on and the sound blasts into my ears and it...hurts...so i'm wondering, how do i change the setting so that everytime I plug in headphones it doesn't automatically move the volume to half way because it's very irritating.

hopefully that example was clear enough to understand but if u need me to re-write this, I will do so.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook /intel core 2 duo/ 2GB RAM/250GB HD/Snow Leopard...iPhone 4 (:
go to system prefs, sound then set it down from there and restart your computer and see if it works.....im not sure if this is right but im just giving it a shot

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.