Verizon card and an error

Reaction score
I have a Verizon broadband card I am using on my macbook its a USB727. It all of a sudden disconnected and I was rather confused, So I restarted my macbook and it sat there with the spinning stick wheel thing, and just sat there. After awhile I just held the power button down to turn the laptop off and start it. Anyone got any reason why that might have happend? After the computer booted up it took awhile to initialize the card.

Thanks

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
Also I was using boxee on my mac last night to watch a movie. And when I was done I closed everything and shut it down and it did that stick ring thing unroll I held the power button down.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The "spinning wheel" means that a process is on going. You really shouldn't force the computer off when that occurs unless it's been going on for a long time.

Try ejecting your Verizon broadband card and leaving it out for awhile to see what happens. If the "spinning wheel" problem goes away, you may have a defective card. In that case, contact Verizon for a new one.

Do you have any other way to get on the net? Connection and router at home?

Regards.

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
Well this morning when it did it I had shut it down without the card in it and when I shut it down and woke up it was bluescreen and spinning wheel still tryin to shut down.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well this morning when it did it I had shut it down without the card in it and when I shut it down and woke up it was bluescreen and spinning wheel still tryin to shut down.

In that case there's obviously something else that's wrong. Try this:

Boot your machine with your original install DVD. After it boots, select Utilities, Disk Utility, from the top menu. Do not enter the install OS X process.

Once in Disk Utility, select the First Aid tab and run the "Verify and repair" disk utility. Let's see if there are any disk errors.

And, while you're booted from the DVD, it might be a good idea to run the Apple Hardware Test. See the following Apple LINK

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.