Sharing iphoto between laptop and desktop

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro and a new iMac. When I first got my iMac I transferred everything from my laptop onto the desktop using time machine. Now, I have downloaded some new pictures into my iphoto on my laptop. I want to transfer them to my desktop somehow, preferably wirelessly.
I think part of my problem is that everything on both of my computers is named the same way, since I transferred everything the first day.
If someone could tell me how to do this - step by step - I would really appreciate it. Keep it simple for me!!!
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Well, first a preliminary question: do you already have your Macs networked for sharing files?

If not, get that done first. If they are networked, I think you should be able to chose the iPhoto Library on the other Mac by holding down the Option key when starting iPhoto. You could also Export/Import the images directly from one mac to the other in iPhoto.

If you're not going to network the Macs, then Export your new photos to a disk or flash drive. Then, Import those photos into iPhoto on the other Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Do you have iChat set up? I use Bonjour Instant Message for shifting photos, screenshots, links etc between computers quite often.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.