Macbook Speakers not working (not sure if optical?)

Reaction score
Hello! this is my first post on these forums and I hope you guys can help me with this issue as I haven't seen any threads on this elsewhere online. My macbook speakers are not working and I can't control the volume as with the optical out headphones issue that a lot of Macbooks seem to have.When I have the headphones in it works fine. When I pull the headphones out however, the red optical light is not on. I tried taking the headphones out and putting them in again and sometimes the optical light comes on and sometimes it doesn't, so I try the fix to wiggle the headphone cord a little, and the light will go off, but the internal speakers still do not work. Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
If you have the little speaker icon in your Menu Bar, Option click it, then select Internal Speakers as your Output Device. If no little icon, go to /System Preferences/Sound/Output and do the same thing there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.