Excel X Column and Row labels missing

Reaction score
The letters designating columns and numbers identifying rows have disappeared in some of my more extensive worksheets. They show up just fine in new worksheets. I can copy and paste the old material to a new worksheet and keep the column / row labels, but would prefer to just fix the problem.

I'm running Excel X for Mac, Service Release 1, on a MacBook Pro with Snow Leapard. Have Googled for an answer, and among other failures could not get MacTopia to accept the question. Would appreciate any help.

Thanks - Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
File > Page Setup > Sheet

Check Row and Column Headings

(I have Office 2004.)

OP
D
Reaction score
Yup. It's checked. No joy. Still no row or column labels on the screen. Appreciate the thought, though. Standing by for more ;-).

Cheers - Dan

OP
D
Reaction score
I checked a few other things, but still do not have enough info to make a conclusive statement.
1) Recently changed to Snow Leopard. Never saw this problem before that.
2) Was experiencing printing problems with Excel as well -- only getting colors and outlines but no text / numbers. However, other documents in other application printed properly.

This led to a question whether my version of Excel is so old it no longer works in the new OS. Tried the same files I was having problems with on NeoOffice, and 1) both have Row and Column labels, and 2) both printed properly.

At the moment, problem solved, but would be interested in hearing from anyone having similar problems.

Reaction score
Excel X Column and Row labels Missing

I have the same problem - also having just upgraded to Snow Leopard.

Did you manage to find a solution??

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Could be a version of Excel that conflicts with SL, or did you upgrade Office as well?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.