Data moved(then auto arranged) in office Excel 2008

Reaction score
Hi, I'll try to explain, not very good english sorry.

I had a recent problem with an internal customer wich is having a situation with an excel datasheet(he has a MacBook), cust said he sent the file.xlsx to a partner to modify some columns right in this file (partner's using a PC), everything ok until parner sent back file to him it shows N/A in many columns, sent file to my account and I openned it with no problem at all . 5 minutes after opening-closing same file everything get normal again in Mac Book the worst part is that I looked totally bad using the classic"this is due to a system error normally or SW failiure, bla bla bla" of course he swallowed it complete.

¿Is there a reasonable explanation for this kind of xtrange situations? ¿Is it a compatibility problem possible?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like an incompatibility. This will occur when an Office file is in one format (using the XML format) and then modified and saved in a different format. (Office 97 - Office 2003) Office files should always be modified and saved in the same format, especially when using between OS X and Windows.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.