isight camera stopped working

Reaction score
my in built isight camera, has suddenly stopped working. i use it on photo booth and skype, on photo booth it says there is no connected camera. i tried using a second one that plugged in with usb port and it still didnt register that it was there.

does anyone have any advice you could give me, to try and get it working again

Reaction score
iSights don't fail that often, if yours isn't working I don't think you should try and mess with it yourself. I'd just take your machine in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
What if u go into another User - will it work there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
Have you connected another camera or changed the camera settings? Not sure if this would do anything, but it's worth a shot.

Reaction score
I have a lot of research about that iSight camera. Many recent Apple computers such as MacBook, MacBook Pro, and iMac computers come with a built-in iSight camera that you can use for several purposes, including participating in video chat sessions over the Internet with a broadband Internet connection. But I wanted to ask if this iSight camera can be a spy camera?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I have a lot of research about that iSight camera. Many recent Apple computers such as MacBook, MacBook Pro, and iMac computers come with a built-in iSight camera that you can use for several purposes, including participating in video chat sessions over the Internet with a broadband Internet connection. But I wanted to ask if this iSight camera can be a spy camera?

Please start your own thread in preference to hijacking someone else's thread. When you do this, you are sending the thread in another direction hindering the OP's chance of finding a solution.
Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.