Powerbook G4 17''

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 17''
Hi

I recently got a Powerbook g4 17'' a1013 model. Although its old, i love it and am using it to get to know mac's better before buying one in the coming months.

I am having serious problems connecting to my wireless, My Airport Extreme card is not working, i have checked this and know that its buggered!!!

I bought a 'Belkin N wireless Notebook Card Version 3' the gent in the shop told me that it would work with my powerbook if i could install the firmware. This is where i have hit a snag, i can't seem to find the firmware, i have tried on the belkin site and i can seem to find it.

Does anyone know a site where i can find the firmware? I am running Mac OS X 10.5.7.

am i completly way of the mark? does this model of belkin work with mac? If this is the case what could work? Is there a product that will work, i really need my wireless working.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Here is the link for Belkin drivers, and 'N' wireless Notebook Card version 3 appears halfway down the page. Now be prepared for bad news. The only drivers listed as available are for Windows machines. This is oh so typical of salesmen in PC shops whose first rule is 'A buck is a buck is a buck'. Try another Airport Extreme Card as they do fail.

I do not think you could connect at 'N' speed with a G4, probably 'G'.

http://www.wardrive.net/drivers/belkin

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 17''
Thanks for the reply, yeah this is what i thought, hence why assured i could get a refund from the manager.

Can you help with these questions?

Do you know of a PCMCIA card which will work with my powerbook?
Would it be best to get apple to replace the airport card?
How hard is it to replace it myself? Can you point me to a good guide?

Once again Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.