Bit of help please...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic
So i tried to install windows xp via bootcamp and it didn't work, I have since booted back into my macintosh partition, then removed the windows partition. The problem I now have is when i turn on my macbook, it loads a black screen and says "no bootable disk" I then have to restart and hold the option key to bring my macintosh partition up, click this and i get into OS X fine!

My question to anyone who can help is, how can I make my mac boot into OS X every time without the need to hold the option key?

thanks CK

Reaction score
Did you remove the Windows partition with the Boot Camp Assistant?
It sounds like it is trying to boot from what's left of the old Windows partition.

OP
cknight88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4AlumBook, 4g iphone, 64wifi iPad, Atv2, Ipod classic
Yes ticedoff8, I used the Bootcamp Assistant to remove the partition. I have also been into the system prefs----> startup disk and all it shows is the macintosh partition and the OS X network option (which is greyed out). I have selected the macintosh partition, yet still need to hold the option button and choose my macintosh volume everytime!.... anyone any thoughts???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
nevermind i missed a post !

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.