My iPod touch has a broken jack!

Reaction score
Hey all,
thanks for reading this.
I have a 16gb iPod touch.
Not sure how old it is and don't know how to tell.
I can play music out of the dock using my speaker fine but i can no longer play music using the 3.5mm headphone jack.
Has anyone else had similar problems?
I was wondering is there was an adapter i can buy to plug into the dock on the iPod touch to convert it to a 3.5mm jack. I don't want to buy a new iPod touch.

Regards.
Will

Reaction score
iPod touch headphone jack repair

I just had my headphone jack repaired by milliamp.com in San Antonio,TX. I think they used to use another company name. I am very pleased with the repair; my touch sounds great again. The replacement of the jack, incl parts and labor cost $69 + shipping. They were also running a shipping special at the time. I think it took about 3 weeks, from my dropping it off at FedEx, to delivery to my house. I did not ship it the quickest way, but I did get 3 day shipping on the return. I feel that this is cost effective, since it's about half of what a used or reconditioned unit would be (mine is a 1st gen 8GB). Highly recommended.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.