spec it up before or after purchase?

Reaction score
just wondering if i should go for the 4gb ram upgrade when buying a MBP or to wait untill i get it and buy it for cheaper elsewhere

its 180 euro for the upgrade at the apple store but only 90euro when bought with the mackbook pro?

also the hard drive upgrade from 160 to 250 GB is priced at 45 euro when bought with the macbook pro but i cant seem to find them sold seperate on the apple store

is it cheaper to buy this now instead of upgrading later on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Don't know about prices across the "pond", but in the U.S. it is cheaper to buy from a 3rd party seller online when it comes to HDD and RAM. Both are fairly straightforward to swap out on your own. Look at online retailers for those items and see how prices compare to what you're seeing in the Apple Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
Check out newegg.com and crucial.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2.26 GHz 320GB 4GB Ram, iMac 2006, 250GB 2GB RAM & 3G iPhone
I've had great experiences with Crucial for getting RAM. They are helpful and supply great RAM. I'm in the UK and there is a crucial UK site, don't know where you are, but it's worth checking to find your nearest Crucial. It's SO much cheaper than Apple and I believe just as good.

As for other hardware like drives etc, I usually use CCL Online in the UK. They are cheap, reliable and have a good range of stock.

Good luck with your hunting!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.