Recording Streaming Video?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm still pretty new to this wonderful world of Mac :) I need to record a lesson which will be streamed live online. Is there anything free that will do that? If not, any recommended purchased ones? Also, JIC there are parts I don't want to save later, such as Q&A session, it might be nice to be able to edit that out. Though the most important thing to me is that it be free if I can get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
If you have Snow Leopard, then you can use Quicktime X to record what is on your screen. And you can go back later and edit it (clip sections out, shorten it, etc.).
It is free with SL.

OP
Arielluria
Reaction score
Does that come with my new Macbook? Because I don't find it in applications, however, it seems I have that on my new Mac Mini, though I never purchased it. Looking online it seems like a purchase though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
It comes with Snow Leopard. So, if your Macbook is brand new, then it has SL on it.
I'm not sure why it wouldn't show up in your Applications folder. Odd...
Try searching in Spotlight (magnifying glass in the top right corner of your screen) for "Quicktime" and see what comes up.

OP
Arielluria
Reaction score
I updated my OS and still no Snow Leopard in my search of the entire mac book. I WAS able to record via Quicktime, but it didn't capture the sound. I check preferences, etc. Can anyone tell me what the deal is? I really need this by tomorrow night :eek:S

OP
Arielluria
Reaction score
Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks!!!!!! Mac-forums rocks! Best Mac helpers in the world!:eek:;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.