Preference Errors Tiger Help Please!

J

jreinnoldt

I keep getting Preference Error alerts when I try to access Accounts and Security. It says for example:

Preferences Error
Could Not Load Accounts

I have repaired permissions and that didn't work. I have logged into a "spare" user account and have the same problem.

This problem has only occured since loading Tiger
==
Is there a way to reinstall the Preferences?
==
I just noticed that in my Library folder is a folder of Preference Panes but these are all with a date of 2004. Should they be there? Wouldn't they showing a 2005 date as Tiger was just installed?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I read something about a preference folder in the Library folder that should not be there, a few days ago. Since I am not running Tiger yet, I disregarded it.

So with that say, here is my guess at a solution. Try changing the name of the folder you have mentioned. Place the .old at the end of the folder name, to save it just in case you need it. Then try everything you were have a problem with again. I will have to try and locate that document about the preference folder.

OP
J

jreinnoldt

Thanks!

That worked! It must have been an old set of Preference Panes. Now I see the Tiger Preferences. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.