noob in the forum

Reaction score
ok guys so no need to dumb it down like i have to do when i ask others for their opinions so heres my question

but bear in mind im a noob with mac computers

im in the market for a laptop, apple is pretty much what i want as ive had ipod mini's classic's shuffles and currently am using an iphone 16gb 3G which i will be soon changing for the 32GB 3GS

so im asking what the difference is between the macbook and macbook pro?

from the stats on the base model macbook and macbook pro, the macbook has pretty much the exact same specs as the pro in terms of RAM and processor power and screen size but the macbook has 90GB more hard drive and is 200 euro cheaper

are you only paying for the shiny aluminium case and light up keyboard or is its upgrading capabilities more ambitious than the macbook

also is it expensive to upgrade hard drives or processor power

any help appreciated

hope its not a noob'ish question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
The macbook pro has the aluminum casing, sd card slot, firewire and backlit keyboard. The macbook pro also has more expandability options. Hard drives are not expensive to upgrade, however upgrading the processor is near impossible.

OP
L
Reaction score
The macbook pro has the aluminum casing, sd card slot, firewire and backlit keyboard. The macbook pro also has more expandability options. Hard drives are not expensive to upgrade, however upgrading the processor is near impossible.

are the macbook processors easily upgraded?

OP
L
Reaction score
is it easy to upgrade your ram in the pro?

looking at youtube vids but there all for the old macbooks with the battery hatch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
It is easy to upgrade the ram and almost impossible to upgrade the processor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.