Freaking out, desperately need help!

Reaction score
Okay, so a few months ago I got my first Mac. I got the 13" Macbook Pro with 2.53ghz, 4gb of ram, 250gb hdd. I haven't had any issues with it so far and I've been loving every minute of being a Mac user. Until now...

Yesterday I was using my MacBook and randomly my cursor started to jump about and act very erratically. I've had issues of this nature on previous Dell notebooks but the issue usually resolved itself in a moment or two. Unfortunately, this is not the case when it comes to my new Mac. :( The trackpad:

- Moves cursor erratically all over the screen.
- Does left and right click functions by itself, resulting in creating many "new folders" on my desktop.
- Internet browsing results in the pad zooming in and out randomly.
- Trackpad seems to jump from hi to low sensitivity at will.

At first I figured this might just be a corrupt driver or something. I was using my Windows 7 partition at the time, so I switched back to my Mac side realizing that if that's the case, the Mac driver should be fine. It still did it on the Mac side. I backed up my files and wiped the HDD, and did a fresh install of OSX and it still behaves this way. At times it will seem normal for a couple of minutes and then go back to being screwy.

I've looked over the web, but I can't seem to find any other people with this issue. I have Apple Care on the Mac so I'm not too concerned about if it will be fixed or not, but how long it will take if it does need repair. I will be taking it to the Apple store after work today and I hope something can be done for it quickly.

Has anyone here heard of this issue and if so, do you have any suggestions to resolve it? :( Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook pro 13" 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo 8GB RAM 750 GB HDD
never heard of that before. Just see what apple says, they will fix it for you

Reaction score
For debugging, try using a mouse instead of the trackpad.

Static and moisture can do weird things on the trackpad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.