Column window view changes when I delete files/folders (OS 10.6 Snow Leopard)

Reaction score
I've recently got a new mac with Snow Leopard so I'm not sure if it's an OS 10.6 thing or just a preference thing.

I've always used the column view when going through the files on our server at work, the other day I was doing some rearranging and when I deleted a file the window view reverted back to the beginning of the column view instead of keeping me in the folder where I'd just deleted the file.

This almost gave me a heart attack as I thought I'd accidentally deleted the contents of our server. It never did this with Leopard which makes me think this is a Snow thing. I've looked in preferences but can't seem to find anything.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to stop this happening as It's really annoying, especially when I have to trawl back through all the folders to get back to the folder I was working in again and hopefully stop my heart jumping everytime I delete something!

Any help is much appreciated, thanks

C

Reaction score
Do you have it sorted by date modified? Because if you modify a folder in column view with that sorting as soon as you delete something the folder will jump to the top.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.