Opera Quits?

Y

yuvchg

Hello,

I'm new here...

I'm trying to find a solution for my problem.

I have been using Mac and I got Opera browser and every time that I try to load-it just quiting...

Does anybody know what to do?

Thank You

--
"Give and you shall receive"

Yuval Goldberg

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Did you upgrade to Tiger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Try repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What all have you tried to fix the problem? Maybe, you should uninstall Opera and search for Opera's contents in the Finder and delete them. Then reinstall it.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you upgrade to a newer version of Opera? Do you remember downloading any plugins before the crashing?

OP
Y

yuvchg

hi good morning,

actually I just test it in a different user and it worked!
but when I'm trying on my user- it dosn't.
I deleted the all opera's files in my computer and I repeired the permissions
I reinstalled it (the 8 version and still it keep crashing...?!?!!?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I honestly think that you have a plugin that is not letting Opera launch. First, shut down opera, then go to user-or-home/ library/ internet plug-ins. Then, drag all of the plugins to a temporary location, so don't delete them. Then, start Opera again.

Reaction score
yuvchg said:
hi good morning,

actually I just test it in a different user and it worked!
but when I'm trying on my user- it dosn't.
I deleted the all opera's files in my computer and I repeired the permissions
I reinstalled it (the 8 version and still it keep crashing...?!?!!?

If it doesn't work under your access, yet it works under some bodys elses, that sounds to me like you don't have the proper access to use it. Under your access go to the file icon and right click on it and choose INFO. Down close to the bottom check who is the owner. Right below that click on the triangle that says DETAILS and set all the access to READ & WRITE.

With everything set to read & write try and run the program again and see if it works then.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, I'll give one last ditch effort. Go to user/library/preferences/Opera Preferences, and user/library/PreferencePanes/Opera Preferences. Delete those two folders, those folders will reappear later, if Opera does decide to work. I know you said that you deleted all of its files, but it just still seems that something related to Opera is preventing itself from launching.

You might want them to refer to the site to speed up the process of you getting this fixed.:
http://my.opera.com/forums/

You might want them to refer to the site to speed up the process of you getting this fixed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.