ALMOST managed to install XP via bootcamp

Reaction score
Hi all

I managed to get through the entire process of setting up windows using bootcamp. When prompted by windows to restart the machine I did so and allowed it to start up in OSX. I had to do this to remove the windows disk (wireless mouse and keyboard didnt help at this stage). I restarted again and held down the option button and selected windows. After this I installed drivers as per the instructions. I was again prompted to restart windows and selected to shut the machine down. Now when I start up and hold down the option key the computer starts up in OSX and never asks me which operating system to start up in. The keyboard is working OK as far as I can tell.

Can anyone offer a work around for this?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (late-2008)
Try tapping the key a few times while you hold it.

If that doesn't work:
Go to System Preferences > Startup Disk > select Windows and reboot (do not hold option this time)

Let me know if that works (=

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks. I did get it going again but I have no idea how. A bit of Voodoo I suspect.

All good now.

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.