Text Captions in MS Word

Reaction score
I've created an MS Word 2008 legal document where in the paragraph a person would fill in their name and other information. What I would like to do is have small text underneath the underline that would basically describe the field, like a caption. I'm able to make text subscripted, but cannot get the text to be underneath the line. I'm sure that this can be done but my Google search proved fruitless. Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Use Text Box. Getting it into position can be awkward unless you disable Snap to Grid [an ultra-simple sample is attached].

Attachments

• Sample.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 4
OP
H
Reaction score
With text box though it seems awkward to put multiple fields in the middle of a paragraph like such:

Word_Text_Caption.png

I had to create this in photoshop to get the spacing effect the way I wanted it. I can't believe that Word doesn't make this an easier feature.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thank you Hughvane, I really appreciate all your efforts and explanation. I guess the issue with that solution though is the field doesn't always come at the end of the sentence, some occur in the middle. I have multiple fields to fill in in this paragraph, so using Tab to line up the caption can get messy. I'm guessing that Word doesn't have this as a feature, and maybe a pro desktop publisher would have the power to do something like this.

"For what you’re seeking to do, and your expectation, MS Publisher, never released for Mac, would be ideal. PageMaker, even AppleWorks, will do what you want as well."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.