video help

Reaction score
I got this movie that my friend made on a cd and it is a wmv file which is not supported by quicktime. i figured they have some easy patch for this but nothing i have downloaded works. The flip4mac isn't doing anything i tried downloading windows media player for mac but that was only text. And i tried downloading a converter to just convert the file to something compatible with quicktime but it couldn't play the video only sound. i know the cd works because i played the video on my moms laptop. any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
What do you mean when you say "flip4mac isn't doing anything"? Did you dl and properly install it (drag to applications folder)? Same question for windows media player. These both should play .wmv files.

OP
C
Reaction score
yes positive i installed flip4mac correctly but i get the same message from quicktime as before. and for windows media player when i click download it downloads and i think .sixt? and opens up with the text viewer or text something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
fall 09 macbook
you can always install perian it works like a charm and I havent had any problems with it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
VLC will play just about anything !!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.