PERMANENTLY uninstall a program

Reaction score
I downloaded "cleanmymac" a while back and I decided to uninstall it by dragging it to the "trash"
idk if that's how you permanently delete ALL the components from the mac, but that's what I've been told, i noticed it didn't so i re-installed, and left the "installation" part up, and clicked uninstall, and i THOUGHT it deleted all of the components, but i guess not!
I noticed that my mac freezes after sleep, when asking for my password, and like i said before, i'm impatient, and it drives me!

I opened "console" and I thing it lists what the mac has done, and well "cleanmymac" is still on my mac!!!!!
:(
Screen shot 2010-01-13 at 7.28.18 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-01-13 at 7.31.50 PM.png

HELP!
Please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Download AppCleaner.
Install CleanMyMac then drag it onto the Appcleaner icon and then delete.

AppCleaner will trash any file or folder associated with anything you drag to it. Its a great little App and it does work.
I use it as well as AppTrap which sits in the System Preferences pane and works like Appcleaner. All you have to do with that one is drag to trash and if there are any associated files/folders it will ask if you want to delete them...

Hope you fix your problem :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yep AppZapper is very much like Appcleaner .... The interface is nearly identical .....

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
AppCleaner/AppZapper/etc are only useful for apps that don't have uninstallers. If an app has an uninstaller, it has one for a reason. Just a note for the future.

Looking at the CleanMyMac site, it appears that the app does not come with an uninstaller so you should be okay using one of the uninstaller apps like AppCleaner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And it is not a good application so suggest steering clear.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.