New MBP 15"

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New to the forum and will be soon a new owner of a MBP 15". I hear alot of hype about in upcoming line. I need to buy a laptop by the end of Jan. and was thinking of getting the 2.8 core duo MBP 15". I am a heavy user of cad, photoshop, revit and 3dmax so i will possibly be using parallel desktop also due some programs needing windows. I need a pretty good performing laptop. I have a MacPro for home use but laptops have always been in the Windows line, HP and Toshiba Qosmio , my current one. Now is this the right choice or should i wait to see if the quad core comes out by the end of the month... is it a big difference compared to the 2.8ghz duo or should i just go ahead and buy the 2.8. I hear great reviews of the MBP but i just want your opinions since i will be spending alot of money. I hear good and bad reviews of Quad core's, whats your take? Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
If you need a macbook pro now, buy one now. The current macbook pro line is great it will perform fine for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
My guess is as good as yours.

I would wait it if you can.

The quad cores will be very nice, but will probably come at a hefty price and may be only available for the 17 inch.. But no one knows for sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.